Old January 18th 05, 01:49 PM
Dave Heil

Todd Daugherty wrote:

"robert casey" wrote in message
ink.net...

So why are you broadcasting on a dead band?

I'm "broadcasting" on a dead band so not to cause harmful interference.

Aside from hams within about 50 miles of you, who's
gonna be able to hear it? Still say the Internet is
a better tool for this....

Well so could amateur radio.

So could amateur radio what?

Let's get rid of amateur radio all together and
all go to the internet.

Why should we do that?

All the stuff the amateur do can all be done on the
internet.

Really? I don't believe you. Can I work meteor scatter on the
internet?
Can I work 160m DXCC on the internet? Can I use the internet in an
emergency when the phone lines are down?

I sure all the amateur bands could be used for another service.

"I sure" they could be too. Why would they be?

Think about it if all of the amateurs move to the internet they wouldn't
have to worry about BPL.

"I believe that everythin' should be made legal. Then we woulnd't have
no crime"

--Brother Dave Gardener

Dave K8MN