Old July 12th 03, 06:45 PM
W5DXP

Dave Mundell wrote:
I want to buy a portable AM radio that will receive a distant station that
is close (in frequency) to a nearby station. The radio in my car does this
just fine, but not any of the portable radios I've tried. I. The guy at
Radio Shack told me I needed a radio with a digital tuner, so I bought one.
Didn't work so I took it back. The display was digital; I don't know if
anything else was. I had similar results at Circuit City and Best Buy. The
clerks at these places appear to be clueless.

I use my communications receiver for that purpose. I listen to far away
talk radio shows and often switch from AM to SSB filtering to decrease
the interference problems. Switching between USB and LSB sometimes helps.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp