Old April 18th 04, 11:42 PM
JGBOYLES

I imagine there a few hams who want to make their own ladder line these days.
Other than finding some vintage ceramic spacers (rare) what are they using?

Hi Zeno, Read back thru this thread, there have been all sorts of suggestions.
You can use cut up plastic coathangers, plexiglass, PVC, cut-up vinyl chopping
boards ect., for spacers. The spacing can be 1"-6". The wire can be #14
insulated-#20 insulated or uninsulated. Saw a number of suggestions to get it
in the house.
My suggestion is to pick out a method and materials that you like, and try it
out. You will probably be pleased with the results. I like all my ladder
(open wire) line
73 Gary N4AST