Old April 19th 04, 01:40 AM
zeno

Hi Cecil,

Tell me more about your wood/fiberglass supports. How do you make a 40-50'
mast out of this material? Is this a type of nautical craftsmanship? Do you
feel that the metal masts are inviting potential problems or do you think my
proposed loop might be in the ballpark of ok to good with the metal masts at
the corners? The actual loop wire may be ten feet away (via ropes) from the
top of the masts.

73

Bill

Cecil Moore wrote:

zeno wrote:
This goes back to my original question, should I use rope or wire for the
guys on these masts?

Not only do I use non-conductive rope/string for my guy "wires",
I use non-conductive supports, wood/fiberglas. Works for me.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp