Old August 27th 04, 07:28 PM
Steveo

(Twistedhed) wrote:
From:
(Steveo)
(Twistedhed) wrote:
No discussion on Country rock would be complete without mentioning some
of the other southern bands responsible for heloing redefining the
genre..Charlie Daniels, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Blackfoot, Skynyrd,
Allmanns, Hatchet, Blues Image, .38 Special, and even the much worn out
and FM-ruined candy-ass band The Eagles.

Start over, Twist. Richie Furay and Poco

invented that sound!!

Yea,,,,I remember the post-Buffalo Springfield member's band.. the "Kind
Woman" and "Under the Gun" thing....but the country-rock theme goes back
further than even that...remember Rock-a-Billy and the Burnett family?
Sam Phillip's Sun Studios in Memphis with Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash,
even Elvis. Bob Dylan, The Byrds, and others brought it to a younger
audience. Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock and Roll credits CCR as
being responsible for the country-rock revival.
Incidentally, did you know Furay auditioned Greg Allman (then with
Allman Joys) but rejected him?

No I did not know that. Richie is now a baptist minister.

--
Kerry toons
http://tinyurl.com/5l6qu