Old April 19th 04, 02:17 AM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:35:21 GMT, zeno wrote:
But this does still leave the metal mast in the proximity of
these corners, so the question is: how much more of a problem (corona etc.) is
adding metal wire guys to an already existing metal mast. My simplistic
intuition is, the more wire at more angles in the vacinity cannot help the
situation. So unless I hear otherwise, I guess I will plan to use the dacron for
the guys on all masts.

Goferit.

The answer to proximity (seeing you have more perimeter than you need)
is to simply keep the corner off, away from the mast about 10 or 20
feet. In other words, you put the masts at corners that are well
outside the bends of the loop. Thus you are suspending the loop bends
with dacron line (through the pulley) such that THOSE bends are well
inside the box described by the mast co-ordinates. (Think box inside
a box co-ordinate system. The exterior box corners, the masts,
support the interior box corners, the antenna.)
View with fixed font:

M---------------------M
|\ /|
| \ / |
| ................. |
| . . |
| . . |
| . . |
| . . |
| . . |
| . . |
| ................. |
| / \ |
|/ \|

where
M is mast
--- is a ghost line
/ or \ is dacron going to antenna wire
... is antenna wire

You have the flexibility to put acreage to work for you, don't try
passing the bends through AT the mast itself.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC