Old August 10th 03, 06:00 PM
Reg Edwards

Tom wrote-
D'you suppose you could explain just a wee bit more what you mean by
"Transmitter Loading Indicator"? I'd have thought my rig's plate
current meter (and its response to the "tuning" and "loading"
controls) handled that pretty well.

A TLI indicates whether the transmitter is correctly loaded, or is not
correctly loaded, with its designed-for load resistance.

Which is all the operator needs to know and is all the so-called SWR ever
indicates.

If you use your plate current meter (minimum dip) to monitor correct loading
of your PA, then your variable PA tank circuit becomes the tuner, and you
have not merely abandoned the name of the so-called SWR meter - you have
completely abolished the instrument from your shack.

Congratulations!
----
Reg, G4FGQ