Old April 19th 04, 02:17 AM
Cecil Moore

zeno wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
I have used solid copper wire sliding inside copper tubing to achieve
an adjustable length transmission line for matching purposes.

That's interesting, so you find wire whose OD is just right for the ID of the
tubing and that makes a good enough connection and is adjustable. How much
adjustment were you after, inches or feet?

I just relied on skin effect to effect the proper conductive function. RF
won't flow into the inside of the tubing if it has any other "choice". :-)

The thing was adjustable from 20 feet to 35 feet in order to make a G5RV
truly a fully functional all-HF-band antenna. It really did work nearly
perfectly and could be automated using something like a screwdriver motor.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp