Old August 31st 04, 04:15 PM
Robert MacNutt

"M-Tech" wrote in message ...
Hey. It's just a 5 pin connector. Can't you find something from molex and
swap out both ends? Or is there some kind of "authentic" value in this like
the organ is a collectors item or something.

Don

"Robert MacNutt" wrote in message
m...
Hi. I found a few really old posts about this plug, but no part
numbers or sources. Anyone know where I can find one of these plugs?
One post said it was used on the HB-400 radio. It's round, with round
pins, shaped like a "Y" (or a crows foot).

Picture available he

http://www.combo-organ.com/plug.jpg

I don't need it for a CB, though. It was used on an old Rheem combo
(portable) organ for the volume pedal.

It's not a 5-pin connector, it's 4-pins, and the pin arrangement isn't
like any other I've seen. Yes, swapping both ends is a workable
solution, but it's worth spending a few minutes online doing inquiries
to try to locate the real thing. While combo organ's don't yet have
the status (or prices!) of vintage guitars and amps, collectors such
as myself will go to reasonable (but not fanatical) lengths to retain
as much original stuff as possible.