Old April 19th 04, 07:42 PM
TonyWard

Default G5RV.... feed

Hi There,
I wonder if there is a better way to feed my 1/2 size G5RV......

At the moment I am using it portable with the apex at 30 feet and the ends
sloping down to 3 feet above ground ............the DX location is around
250 mtrs ASL.

It is fed by 300ohm ladder connected to 20 feet of 50 ohm coax.

is this the best way to feed it I have heard that just using ladder line is
better/more eficient...

I would be gratefull for any plans or suggestions on how to feed this or
plans of other more efficient/easy set ups for portable "WIRE" antenna set
ups as I like to make my own antennas ....

I would like to over come the qrp operating by hight and antenna
eficiency...

Thxs for any suggestions......

Tony
M3TOE.