Old September 16th 04, 05:27 AM
Dr.X

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge" wrote
in message ...
"Dr.X" wrote in
:

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"
wrote in message ...
GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA SESSION 2003 HOUSE BILL 257
RATIFIED BILL AN ACT TO PROHIBIT THE USE OF CITIZENS BAND RADIO
EQUIPMENT NOT AUTHORIZED BY THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION.
The General Assembly

Federal law trumps state law no matter what side the state law takes.
Any normal judge would just say that a rule already exists to address
the issue so state level action is a waste of time and taxpayers
money.

-Dr.X

The FCC passed juridstiction over to local/state level for enforcement.
they are well within thier rights.

But doesn't that just mean enforcing existing federal regulations? I don't
think local laws need to be passed for local enforcement of a federal law. I
could be wrong. I'm not a lawyer. :-)

-Dr.X