Old September 18th 04, 06:37 PM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello Glenn S:

As Dave has said it may be acting like a ground plane, to some extent.
And changing the elevation pattern. Or even helping decouple some of the
energy coming down the coax.

Also maybe the neighbors have cable TV now. Which is a big help.

Jay in the Mojave

Glenn S. wrote:

After reading the following paragraph, I'm wondering if my TV
antenna is affecting my Antron 99 either positively or negatively...

11. If you mount two or more antennas close to each other, you will
alter the transmission patterns of each one. The affect may be either
positive or negative. We recommend that a minimum of 12" exist between
your CB antenna and other types of antennas.

http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs/63Things.htm

Both are clamped directly to the same pipe/mast. The TV
antenna is clamped 12" below the bottom of the Antron, and the highest
point of the antenna is about 6" below the Antron.

Another thing that's got me wondering if it is affecting the
radiation pattern is that fifteen years ago, I didn't have the TV
antenna under the Antron, and the neighbors whined so much about
hearing me in their telephones that I put all my CB stuff in the
attic. Now, I've put the exact same equipment back up two weeks ago,
with the addition of the TV antenna, and I haven't had one complaint.
Could the TV antenna be affecting my radiation pattern?