Old September 21st 04, 11:41 AM
Steveo

"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
If somebody says their amp is "clean" well the only sure way to know is
to test it with a spectrum analyzer. If you look at reviews for Ham
rigs, and power amplifiers in particular, you will see spectrum analyzer
screen shots so the buyers can see for themselves just how clean the
output happens to be. And I haven't seen a spectrum analyzer screen shot
for a 11m solid state amplifier yet. If you know of any it would be
interesting to see them.

While I've never used a spectrum analyzer on it, my tube type Collins
30L-1 amp seems to be very clean. It's the only amp I've had that
doesn't interfere with broadcast TV on channel five. So I agree with
you on the tube amp summary.