Old April 20th 04, 05:38 AM
Tom Bruhns

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message om...
Return loss is the
fraction of power that isn't absorbed by the load. See QST April 1959 pp
24-28 for Warren Bruene's article, "An Inside Picture of Directional
Wattmeters."

You can find lots of references on the web, too. I think Charles
Wenzel's pages are almost always quite good, and recommend
http://www.wenzel.com/documents/swr.html, but a simple search may well
turn up things that suit your learning style better.

Cheers,
Tom

PS...Hank...sending a scan-to-text of the annual indexes for about
1988-1992, for couplers and whatever else was close to them on those
pages. I suspect it may be Joel Dunsmore's "Simple SMT Bridge Circuit
Mimics Ultar-Broadband Coupler" that you are interested in. I have
that here and can scan it, but you might check out Neil's referenced
site too.