Old September 27th 04, 02:03 PM
sideband

Yeah.. I did pass the Appliance Operators exam.. then went right on to
take and pass the General class, and the Extra, all within 6 months.

This is really going to **** you off, too...

The only thing I had to study for was the CODE. The rest of it was
knowledge I'd gained while operating CB.. Now granted I got the
questions about the Band Limits wrong, on the Tech and the General,
But that wasn't a big deal... I only missed 1 on the Extra, and I'm
relatively sure it's because I got the +j/-j sign backwards.

Hrm.. Methinks I struck a nerve with my definition...

-SSB

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:

sideband wrote in news:kOT5d.915$5b1.728
@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

Keyclownism(n): 1. The beliefs of a few disgruntled no-code tech
Amateur Radio Operators who aren't accepted on the air in the HAM
bands. 2. The belief that trashing a newsgroup, where people who
REALLY are in the know tried to help people who didn't in a civil,
intelligent, calm manner, will make one whit of difference in the
on-air activities of certain CB'ers, HAMS, and other radio operators.

A few no codes ?/ who are they dickhead?? you passed the appliance
operators exam.