Old August 10th 03, 09:50 PM
Ken

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 16:23:10 GMT, "Stuart"
wrote:
Anyone know of a cure for this problem?

As the squirrel population in my neighborhood went up, they started
chewing their way through my attic wall to nest and play. No
repellents -- chemical or ultrasound -- worked.

I can not legally use a gun of any kind in this neighborhood.
Besides, who has the time to sit around and wait for them?

I finally started to catch them on the ground in Hav-a-Hart traps
baited with peanut butter, driving each one around a mile away (across
two major roads) and releasing them into the woods. I transported
almost 30 of them over a two week period. The populaiton on my
property is way down and I rarely see one anymore. I would
guesstimate that I get maybe one new one a month from neighboring
properties. He quickly joins his friends a mile away. There have been
no chew-ins for over six months.

My property is also traversed by rabbits, chipmunks, moles and rats
but none of them seem interested in the peanut butter -- which is good
because they do no harm.

If it doesn't bother you, you can immerse the traps in a garbage can
filled with water (must secure the locking bails first) and save the
two mile (R/T) drive.

Ken C2JDY

Ken
(to reply via email