Old September 30th 04, 03:08 PM
Twistedhed

Ok, here's the crazy part. I called around last night and there isn't a
genertor to be had from here to NY up and down the coast. Check out ebay
and see the jerkoffs trying to gouge the hurricane victims (some of the
ads are titled "Generator in NW FL" by selling them for more than they
go for new. After doing some research, I'm staying with the Troy-Bilt.
This thing is 489 retail at Lowes (check Lowes.com and you will see
there are NONE to be had,,,,anywhere. The local store told me hopefully
a new supply by Christmas, with no rain checks. I tell ya',,,,if a
legitimate dealer drove a truckload of them down here or if one of the
ships came in to the port of Tampa with a boatload, they would sell them
all immediately. The Honda I was looking at that is slightly smaller
(6.5 HP, 3000 watts) than the one I have (6.75 HP, 3550 )costs around
1500.00. Compared to 489, I'll stay with the noisier model.