Old October 1st 04, 01:21 AM
jim

sideband wrote:
Some CBers are misinformed about certain things.. Some in this group
think all HAMs are like the AKCs... and we're not. Some in this group
think operating over 100% modulation helps their signal, and it doesn't.

In general, the level of knowledge in the CB community isn't as high as
it is in the Amateur community. This isn't to say that CBers are dumb.
Most aren't, they're just misinformed, or undereducated on certain
aspects of radio.

So no, I don't think all HAMs should be bunched together, just as I
don't think all CBers should be bunched together. I was making a
generality statement, and it wasn't inaccurate.

-SSB

jim wrote:

didn't you make the blanket post that cber's are misinformed about
certain things and now ask not to bunch amateurs?

i was going to say a bit condescending but there is a tinge of truth to
your post. thanx for the reply.