Old April 21st 04, 03:40 PM
John Smith

"JLB" wrote in message
.. .
Would these work, or am I crazy? I would also entertain the idea of both
being crazy and the ideas working ;-)

Take a normal 146 MHz quarter wave mobile antenna and heat shrink a piece

of
insulated wire to it. The wire would be a half wavelength., more or less,
at 446 MHz. Trim the wire for minimum SWR at 446 MHz.

Another idea. Take a 446 MHz quarter wave wire with one end uninsulated.
With the uninsulated end up, attach it to the 146 MHz quarter wave with

heat
shrink. Adjust the position and length of the quarter wave wire for

minimum
SWR at 446 MHz.

--
Jim
N8EE

to email directly, send to my call sign at arrl dot net