Old April 21st 04, 05:31 PM
Mike

Default 30ft Tower uprooting

Just got back from D.C yesterday to have my neighbor come up and tell me
that my tower almost fell over Sunday during heavy rain and wind storm. He
was able to secure the tower to the upstairs sun deck. What has me wondering
is, the foundation that the tower sits on, sits about 2 inches below the
cement porch which sits about 4 inches above the top soil. Now, the tower
foundation sits an inch higher than the deck. I loosened the tie downs for
the tower and I can move the tower and foundation. It almost looks like the
foundation broke half way down because of the way it "pivots" on top of the
broken lower half of the foundation. Looks like I may have to take the tower
down this weekend and dig up the old foundation and see what happened.
Neighbor said we had alot of rain in a short period of time. It's a good
thing I had disconnected the 2 radios from the feedlines, cause, if that
tower would have come down, it would have pulled both radios out of the
window. ie, Icom 2100 and Icom 706.
Mike
KC2JGA