Old October 7th 04, 10:15 AM
Alex

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 02:01:54 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

You just need a plug, 1/8" mono. Rat Shack has them, part #274-286. If
you can't solder, they might have one with screw terminals, or you
might find an old plug with the wires still on it and splice them
together. The wire colors are to match the phase of two stereo
speakers and shouldn't matter when using just one speaker. 4 ohms is
fine, just don't crank it up like a sub-woofer.

Thanks so much for all your adivce man. I really appreciate it. I also
checked my spare bedroom, and found 2 10 watt 8ohm speakers as well.
You've gotten me wanting to try the antenna mount deal now. I hear
people talking about the 9' whip in almost every forum I go. Where do
I get it, and I also hear it is pretty cheap compared to other
antennas, and what i have read people seem to like that antenna.

I have a magnet mount that i purchased with my police scanner. It
comes in parts
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...ct%5Fid=20-032
or Catalog #: 20-032 if the link doesn't work.

I was thinking that maybe I could take it apart, and add it to my
antenna that i am using for my cb. In order to do that I would have to
use one of the little black connectors that you see in the photo, not
sure what they are called. I just don't know if those little black
thingies would cause interference or what. I did check and my cb
antenna would fit perfectly in that connector. that would make it
almost 50", not sure what i difference it would make