Old October 8th 04, 02:59 PM
Dave Hall

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 06:06:25 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:19:24 -0400, Dave Hall
wrote in :

clip....er, snip
It's a shame. I grew up listening to some real radio talent (Who
didn't have to mention bodily functions every few minutes to get a
laugh). I really liked the Drake/Chenault "Boss Radio" format which
started at KHJ in Los Angeles and migrated to my area at some really
great stations like WFIL in Phila, and WABC in New York.

My favorite was CBS Radio Mystery Theatre hosted by E. G. Marshall.
When that was canceled it was the beginning of the end of r adio,IMHO.

Are you referring to the original programs which aired in the 40's,
or the "revival" programs which aired in the 70's?

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj