Old October 9th 04, 01:42 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 10:02:21 -0500, "Chad Wahls"
wrote in :

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
.. .

snip
Audio repair, eh? Did you learn about Peavey's dual-diode bias scheme
the easy way or the hard way?

I was head tech at a Peavey service center, I learned it the easy way.
(thanks Max H.) Ever taken apart a 1200D powered mixer? One of my peavey
peves Ranks up there with a root canal. I never want to see another one
of those XLR jacks again

Never touched one, but I've never seen a mixer that wasn't a pain to
disassemble. On that subject, the old rack-mount Carver's get my vote
as the biggest hardware headache. Whoever designed the layout in those
things was either a super-genius or an LSD freak.

I was also the undisputed king of the DPC line of amps because we serviced a
nation wide DJ service that had hundreds of them. I can do those with my
eyes closed, If you ever need a hand on those I know most all of the
"tricks". They can be intimidating at first but there's ways to make them
easy. Those IGBT's are quite expensive!

I heard they had problems with self-oscillation. Is that just a rumor?

Mackie is a headache with screws, Kurtzweil is the worst, yadada yadada. I
could talk shop and stupid musicians for days. Maybe I should attend the
picnic.

Mackie sucks. But Behringer kicks ass inside and out! The only thing
I've -ever- had to do to a Behringer was replace the occasional busted
or missing knob.