Old October 23rd 04, 08:13 PM
Dr.X

"M-Tech" wrote in message
The PA 313 mobile picked up 2 nice DX contacts last night; The island of
Barbuda and Barbados....both while traveling up interstate 83. This

morning
I talked to about 5 stations in Europe...Belguim (3), Germany and Italy.
Not bad for a rinky-dink, mud-duck mobile:-)

I'm thinking of actually putting a base station together at our weekend

home
this spring. I can't put an outdoor antenna up where I live and I think
anything less than a stacked pair of beams would just **** me off:-)

Still waiting to hear from someone in here yet.....hopefully FLA will

start
rolling again and I can have a qso with Dr X and others:-) Again, mostly

on
27.375 lsb, but I listen on 555 usb as well:-)

Hey Don.
Yeah, the skip was seriously rollin' down here too. I didn't get to make
many contacts tho 'cuz I still haven't gotten around to putting that thing
back on freq. Maybe I'll work on it a little bit tmrw night.

I listen to 555U all the time. It's pretty active. 385U & L are also. I'll
have to try 375L later and tmrw to see if I can here you up there.

-Dr.X