Old October 28th 04, 11:11 PM
M-Tech

The "Colonel" after having a dismal career trying to apprehend fugative
cb'ers, decided to close up shop and start a "fast-food style" chicken
resturant:-)

Seriously, don't you mean "Charlie"? That's what we always called the FCC
anyway.

Don

"Stephen" wrote in message
om...
Hey, has anyone who was into CB or walkie talkies back in the mid
1960's ever heard of rumors that an FCC operative who went by a code
name of "The Colonel" was in the midwest, looking for people who
operated on the illegal basement channels (to be specific, 20 below
channel 1)?

I think that all of us had fears (even paranoia) about the FCC back
then, and we made sure we had our licenses, and obeyed the rules while
on the CB. Nevertheless, I was fascinated by chatter back then over
this so called "Colonel", and wonder if anyone out here heard the same
rumors (or knows anything factual)? Thanks

-Stephen