Old October 29th 04, 03:25 PM
Stephen

No, I meant THE COLONEL, as being seperate from Uncle Charlie. From
what I heard back in those days, THE COLONEL operated some activity on
those basement channels, and when people started going there, it
caused some friction. Thus, the fears and rumors about the COLONEL,
who for some reason was bent on getting anyone who operated on -20 (20
below 1). Midwest. Under the supervision of one of my older CB
friends, who got me started in CB, we got clever and found that by
switching the transmit and receive crystals in our walkie talkies, we
got a quiet and more private channel. Only problem was, according to
his freq counter, we were 20 below 1.

Again, nothing for certain, but it was all the talk of our area back
then...and YES, I did hear activity on that frequency.

-Stephen