Old November 3rd 04, 07:31 PM
Chad Wahls

Default Could be a biased question....

It's not hard to stumble upon an article here or there speaking of peaking a
radio.

People speak of spreading coils, etc.

Now, I'm no RF designer. But those LC circuits are FILTERS not REGULATING
devices. Soooooo.

When you spread a filter coil to gain power do you actually gain it in the
desired bandwidth (usable) or do you get the same amount (4watts) of usable
transmit and a ****load more harmonics at power levels over the power at
your usable freq causing your audio to suck due to oscillation? (I know,
long sentence)

I just don't get how changing ONE parameter to an LC network will gain
power, But I DO see how it will knock it way the hell out of alignment.

Or am I wrong?

Chad