Old April 26th 04, 07:23 AM
Mark Keith

'Doc wrote in message ...
Les,
Hygain uses the same insulator for several of their
antennas, and it can be a problem with all of them.
Replacing it with a 'solid' insulator of some kind is
one solution. I'm still hunting for a replacement for
one for an 'R-7' (the only difference is in the length).
Thought about using 'Delrin'(sp) or some other type of
plexiglas/perspex, but haven't found a source yet.
Good luck...
'Doc

I've got a A4S which has the same thing on the driven element...I've
often wondered what I'll do if that thing ever breaks...Guess the
delrin rod is one idea. I've wondered about a wood dowel that is
varnished as one solution...Or convert to boom grounded, and replace
with aluminum...But then you'd have to add a matching device...MK