Old November 7th 04, 06:03 PM
sideband

The input impedance of a full wave loop varies depending on where you
feed it.. No doubt there are a few points on the loop that show
100ohms, but my 40m and 80M loops at the house both show a 50 ohm
impedance (it's complex impedance, but works out to 50 ohms) to the
coax...

Move the feedpoint around the delta loop and see if you can find a
place where the impedance is closer to 50 ohms.

-SSB

Lancer wrote:

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 01:15:19 +1100, "Silvio"
wrote:

hi..........
please need help with delta loop antenna better matching system than gamma
match............. please could any body sugest any thing or way to match a
vee quad , delta loop other than gamma match and my be supply me with
details how to assemble and fit to antenna .........gee some must no a
better way.. please help me 73s .......... thanks every one
that may be able to help .............

The feedpoint impedance of most full wave loops is around a 100 ohms

Feed it through a 1/4 wave section of 75 ohm coax, that will get you
close to 50 ohms.

For non-foam coax the length should be 6 feet

For foam coax use 6.8 feet.