Old November 7th 04, 09:20 PM
sideband

Yes, and yes.

Loops have a neat "side effect".. atmospheric noise is quieter than on
a dipole cut for the same frequency, in the same space, while signals
are at least as good, if not better. I don't have high-end test
equipment to "prove" it, but my ears tell me that these are the results.

I've also heard reports from friends who live in BPL test areas who
say that full wave loops tend to reject BPL interference better than
dipoles and vertical monopoles. It doesn't get rid of the
interference, but there seems to be less of it, according to them. I
haven't tried it myself, as I don't live in a BPL area, but it's worth
a thought or two.

I've also run vertical deltas and rectangular loops, and found similar
results on the atmospheric "static", as well as good gain, etc. The
vertical loops were tried on 10 and 11 meters.

-SSB

Lancer wrote:

Are your loops horizontal? Are yours fed through a bulun? I have
never put one up, but they do look good on a modeling program.