Old November 7th 04, 11:41 PM
DR. Death

"Gulf Coast Tony" wrote in message
om...
I agree it's high time to bust the non type accepted radio dealers. CB
is most fun when using real CB stuff. Any idiot can run high power to
clobber a channel. Whats wrong with using 4 watts and a nice antenna?
I'm not a ham. I am a CB'er. There's nothing wrong with enjoying this
hobby. Lets just do it the right way. Here's a few places that deal in
10 meter radios and amps for 11 meters. I don't know what we the law
abiding CB community can do about it. The sooner the FCC does their
job the better for all of us. Then maybe the fools that scream "AUDIO"
and cuss and foul up the channels will be gone !

73'3
Tony
http://www.copper.com/
http://wholesalecbradio.com/
http://www.gijoesradioelectronics.com/
http://www.geocities.com/macscbshop/CB_Equipment.html
http://www.bellscb.com/
http://www.rrcom.com/welcome.html

P.S......we should also do business with those honest dealers that
DON't sell modified radios and amps. Here's a couple.

http://www.universal-radio.com/
http://www.alfenterprises.com/

That won't stop the people from cussing and keying down to jamb channels,
fools are fools regardless of the equipment, that's the same as saying there
would be no murders if we outlaw guns. Sometimes 4 watts is not enough. When
I go mudding in my truck, sometimes I'm in places with no cell service and
kicking on the amp saves me from walking 10 miles if I break down or get
stuck. I also like to shoot skip on sideband and the best place for that is
the freebands. You can run illegally and still be responsible about it. I do
everything I can to make sure I am not coming over phone lines and bleeding
on several channels. I don't use junk export radios, I use low pass filters
and I check my equipment with a scope. I don't run power unless I really
need to. BTW, Copper no longer sells amps.