Old November 8th 04, 01:15 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:41:08 -0600, "DR. Death"
wrote in
:

"Gulf Coast Tony" wrote in message
. com...
I agree it's high time to bust the non type accepted radio dealers. CB
is most fun when using real CB stuff. Any idiot can run high power to
clobber a channel. Whats wrong with using 4 watts and a nice antenna?
I'm not a ham. I am a CB'er. There's nothing wrong with enjoying this
hobby. Lets just do it the right way. Here's a few places that deal in
10 meter radios and amps for 11 meters. I don't know what we the law
abiding CB community can do about it. The sooner the FCC does their
job the better for all of us. Then maybe the fools that scream "AUDIO"
and cuss and foul up the channels will be gone !

73'3
Tony
http://www.copper.com/
http://wholesalecbradio.com/
http://www.gijoesradioelectronics.com/
http://www.geocities.com/macscbshop/CB_Equipment.html
http://www.bellscb.com/
http://www.rrcom.com/welcome.html

P.S......we should also do business with those honest dealers that
DON't sell modified radios and amps. Here's a couple.

http://www.universal-radio.com/
http://www.alfenterprises.com/

That won't stop the people from cussing and keying down to jamb channels,
fools are fools regardless of the equipment, that's the same as saying there
would be no murders if we outlaw guns.

Yes, assholes will be assholes regardless of the equipment that's
available. The problems started just after the Citizen's Band was
created, and they aren't going away anytime soon. But that's no excuse
to add to the problems with more amps.

Sometimes 4 watts is not enough. When
I go mudding in my truck, sometimes I'm in places with no cell service and
kicking on the amp saves me from walking 10 miles if I break down or get
stuck.

Get a 3-watt cellphone. I have a Uniden SMS-316TSD in my truck and it
works great. Coverage is almost 100% (that is unless you are going
deep into the Bitterroots, in which case it pays to get a satellite
phone). And 4 watts on Ch. 9 will reach 10 miles without a problem if
you have a decent antenna because there is very little noise on the
channel. So I don't see your reasons as justification for an amp.

I also like to shoot skip on sideband and the best place for that is
the freebands.

The best place for that is the ham bands.

You can run illegally and still be responsible about it.

That's an old and tired excuse. You can't violate the law and be
responsible at the same time -- it's an oxymoron. Think about it:

"You can spit on the sidewalk and still be responsible about it."
"You can speed in the freeway and still be responsible about it."
"You can burglarize a house and still be responsible about it."
"You can murder someone with a gun and still be responsible about it."
(and before you condemn me for that last analogy, remember that it's
the same analogy -you- used earlier in -your- post).

It just doesn't wash.

I do
everything I can to make sure I am not coming over phone lines and bleeding
on several channels. I don't use junk export radios, I use low pass filters
and I check my equipment with a scope. I don't run power unless I really
need to. BTW, Copper no longer sells amps.

It's not just about RFI. It's also about the hogging of a channel by a
single dork with an amp. If you increase your power enough to double
your range, you are cutting off the channel over an area that could
accomodate at least six other people. Double your range again and you
cut off 36 -more- potential users. The numbers rise exponentially, and
so does the frustration of legal "mud-ducks" trying to talk to someone
just down the road.

Using an amp is not just illegal; it's rude, inconsiderate, and it's
not how the CB band was intended to be used. If you can't resist the
temptation to play hammie then get a license and work the ham bands.