Old November 9th 04, 02:08 PM
Chad Wahls

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
I don't have much interest in XM -- takes the fun out of long trips. I
actually enjoy fiddling with the radio, finding local stations and
hearing what's going on in the town I'm passing through. But I'm
rapidly losing interest in that, too, now that most of the stations
are controlled by the broadcast monopolies and sound pretty much the
same.

Just curious, can you get AM local advisory stations with an XM radio?

I love my XM, Keep in mind your radio still works! You don't get AM
advisories but you CAN tune over to AM. XM has also instituted an emergency
channel for times when things get bad. CH 247. They did volcano coverage,
etc. I want to see what they do when the tornado belt gets rolling!

If you only listen to talk radio XM is not for you but to listen to music,
COMEDY (yes!), or anything else it's the best $10 a month I spend!

Chad