Old November 18th 04, 10:59 PM
DR. Death

"Bill Lowry" wrote in message
news:AK8nd.13040$pP5.8680@trnddc05...
When I read your response I said, "Oh no". I was thinking that I had mad

an
expensive mistake. However, it is an ESP2. I am glad it was just a typing
mistake instead a purchase mistake. (g)

I soldered a diode into the B position and started twisting the dial.

Every
time I started from, say channel 1, the next time I rotated the dial to
channel 1 again I was still on the normal channel 1.

Got any Ideas?

Bill

"DR. Death" wrote in message
"Bill Lowry" wrote in message
Has anyone performed the Frequency Mod as outlined on the CBTricks web

site.
I performed the mod as shown there but I can twist the Channel knob

until
wear it out and it still only works on the Normal channels. I hate to

get
beat when all that has to be done is to add one diode. (g)

Bill

http://www.cbtricks.com/ .........and go to radio
info..........Midland............77-255ESP

You listed your model as 77-255ESP, cbtricks mod is for the 77-255ESP2
model.

I'm not familiar with that particular Midland model. I'll assume you are
using a freq counter to confirm that the mod does not work as the mod states
it will not show on the LCD which band you are on. Also check to make sure
that the diode is not reversed and no bridged solder joints. Other than that
I haven't a clue. Good luck.