Old November 22nd 04, 07:19 AM
SideBand

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello Ozark 333:

Yes it does. My ol friend "Ray" Buckshot use to raise havic with the
local SSB guys with a old Imperal Rang Gain, that had DSB, it
transmitted on both uper and lower Side Bands at the same time.

Ray would record the SSB stations while in the AM Mode so the stations
where not tuned in and of course sounded like Donld Duck. Then replaying
the recorded SSB stations back out on DSB. No matter what you did you
could not tune in the stations that ray was playing back. It throw me
for a while, until I called Ray up and asked what the heck he was doing.
We had a good laugh!

Other radios had a DSB output also. I believe the Trams did until the
Tram 201 and 201A came out.

One of the first radios to have true single sideband was the Johnson 350
a two channel SSB only radio, and the Mark Sidewinder 27, a 6 channel
radio, with no S-Meter, made by Dyascan I believe.

General Radiotelephone came out with the SB-72 that offered true Single
Side Band, and had a Collins Mechnical Filter in the radio.

Jay in the Mojave

OZARK333 wrote:

DSB does exist.

"Got RF?"

Put a switch in the AM Carrier adjustment circuit to turn off the
carrier on AM, and you've got DSB... Easy as pie.