Old November 24th 04, 02:49 AM
Steveo

"harvey" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
| "Leland C. Scott" wrote:
| "Twistedhed" wrote in message
| The large corporations continue to do business as usual while the
| feds pacify insignificants with smoke and mirrors (fines).
|
| Except when the "go to jail" part of the penalty comes up for
| repeated violations. Also don't overlook that some of those Pilot
| Travel centers may be wholly own franchises where the owner has to
| pay the fine if they get busted. The real fine is having to go to
| court to fight the FCC, and that sounds like what may happen. When it
| does it could cost them much more than the $125K fine depending on
| how far they want to take the
fight
| up the legal ladder. This would be the case to watch.
|
| I think you can bankrupt on that one.

when you check out what the fine is for a gas spill from the EPA , the
fine thats being paid for the radios isnt even pocket change...they wont
sweat it and they are all company operated centers, none are
franchised... harv

Tell me about it..Pesticide trucks draw more attention for spill clean-up
and on-site license. I pride myself in compliance with that, mostly for the
applicator exposure. The LD-50 on most of the pesticides we use are at
least 3000 or higher, so you'd have to eat/drink massive amounts to kill
you.

Long term effect is bad typing.