Old April 29th 04, 03:30 PM
Fractenna

Hello,

I am working on a PCB-based antenna, with copper on both sides.
Believe it or not, the hardest part is figuring out how much the PCB
material would cost. Does anyone have any PCB costing numbers for
FR4, FR408, Nelco 40013, Rogers 4003, any other material? I
understand that thickness plays a major part in the cost so if
possible please include the board thickness with the cost number (I am
currently thinking of using 20mils thick PCB). It would probably be
easiest if the cost was in units of US$ per sq. inch or sq. cm. Many
thanks.

4003 is very good, but there are many less expensive alternatives, depending
on the app and freq required. I am puzzled why you haven't priced this with
manufacturer's reps or even board fab houses. They are not shrinking violets,
and happy to give you info

Also, it would be helpful to know who you are. Basketball and antennas don't
often get placed together.

73,
Chip N1IR