Old December 9th 04, 11:12 PM
Ken

On 9 Dec 2004 10:22:56 -0800, "Psychiatrist to keyclowns"
wrote:
OOPS...didnt see the part about it needing to be a 6 volt adapter. In
that case you change from a LM7812 chip to an LM317, which is a
variable regulator. Might add 1 buck to the cost, cuz you need a
potentiometer to set the output voltage from the LM317.
You can run a 2 conductor wire off a 13.8 v. power supply and use the
'317 to lower the output to 6 volts on a line just to your Icom.

Thanks for your response.

I have plenty of big, smooth power supplies in my shack. I want to
use a wall wart for travel.

The wall warts are putting out the right DC voltage, but they are
noisy. Are there some simple, small components that will filter out
the 60-cycle buzz of the transformer warts ot the staticky hash of the
switcher warts? Ferrite toroids seem to have no effect.

I don't mind soldering something up.

Ken
(to reply via email
remove "zz" from address)