Old April 30th 04, 08:17 PM
Joel Kolstad

basketball_jones wrote:
BTW You have NOT answered one question I asked so far. It would be
helpful if you either answered the questions or stopped wasting my
time.

It's a little ironic that you're trying to save a penny or two on your
design and think that bitching about free advice is somehow going to help
you achieve that goal...

Look, call up a dozen or so vendors and get some price quotes -- it'll give
you some idea of what a 'reasonable' price should be. Figure out what you
can charge for your product... if there's enough money left for you to make
profit, just go for it and leave the rest of your learning/profit
maximization until you actually have an income stream and some track record
of the difficulties in building your products.

Anyone worrying about $.01/sq. in. either has such a huge volume that they
should be able to afford an expect to get the best prices and redesign the
product (this oftens makes a huge difference!) specifically to be easy to
manufacture or else is probably never going to get their product out the
door in the first place. I've seen many people who seemed to have viable
product ideas never get anywhere because they spent far too much time
worrying about how to squeeze the last penny out of manufacturing costs and
ran out of enthusiasm to simply design and document the product properly.

---Joel Kolstad