Old May 1st 04, 05:14 PM
Wes Stewart

On Sat, 1 May 2004 09:00:57 -0500, "John"
wrote:

|"Wes Stewart" wrote in message
.. .
| wrote:
|
| I figured you might. I scanned it into pdf, but to get decent quality
| the file is huge and I only have dialup service at about 26 kB.
| (Where is that BPL [g])
|
| I'll put it on my web site later when I have a couple of hours free if
| you want it.
|
| Wes
|

|Wes -
|
|I got it. I read it. It did not occur to me that I must short the load to
|get the phase reference (although it should have). The paper clarifies lots
|of things for me.
|
|I don't have a line stretcher (I though this was a joke when it was
|mentioned on this forum). However, it appears I can do without it if I
|recalibrate the phase offset for each change in frequency. I will probably
|be mostly interested in single-frequency measurements anyway.
|
|After you mentioned it, I searched the Web for this app note and was
|unsuccessful. Thanks ever so much for making it available to me.

No problem, glad you can use it. I have used the technique shown in
figure 11. I happen to have all of that stuff. It is really just a
resistance bridge and could be duplicated for a lot less money. I
have also developed a simple-minded Excel sheet to do the math for the
bridge method. If you're interested,

www.qsl.net/n7ws/8405.xls

73,

Wes