Old May 4th 04, 02:01 AM
Rob

JGBOYLES wrote:

Rob, You must enjoy spending money on antennas:-) If you can get an
inverted vee up 45' at apex, and feed it with ladder line and a
tuner, then you have something that will exceed what you are
proposing. A 50-65' per leg vee will get you on 80M-10M, and
possibly 160M.

I suspect you can get near the same performance with an inverted vee. But
the vertical will likely have a better DX angle and will be a little more
omnidirectional. Also it will be faster to switch bands with an R8 or
SteppIR. No need to fiddle with a tuner.

Well I have insurance. The Insurance company will pay for the new antenna
and installation. But I need to supply them with an invoice showing the
purchase of a new antenna. (It doesn't need to be a vertical but the
insurance will only pay for the equivalent replacement cost of a R7000
vertical. I could go for a more expensive yagi but a I would also need to
buy a real Tower).

Rob