Old July 10th 03, 05:00 AM
Jimmy

Default Attaching wire to tubing??

Well be it right or wrong here is what I did.

Installed an Al pop rivet in the tubing,

Soldered the tubing in place with some stuff called Alloy 5. I got it a
couple of years ago to fix a radiator, worked good but forgot I had it

Tapped the rivet for a #6 screw and applied a little Noalox I got from work

Weather proofed it with vynil and rubber stretch tape.

We will see How t does.
"Jimmy" wrote in message
. com...
Whats the best way to attach a solder lug to aluminum tubing. I dont want

ot
pop-rivet it on because that is too hard to get off and sheet metal screwa
always come loose. I was thinking about putting in a pop rivet then drill
and tap the rivet.