Old May 4th 04, 10:20 PM
William Warren

"Jack Twilley" wrote in message

I have seen what appear to be AM broadcast towers in or on the edges
of salt marshes, and it seems pretty obvious to me why that's a good
place to go. However, the environmentalists being a little more
noticeable than they were once upon a time, this particular method of
siting is probably a little more challenging than it used to be.

[snip]

Environmentalists must be realists if they want to be effective: AM
broadcast is one of the lightest footprints in any salt marsh, and AM
stations have very little trouble getting EPA clearance for such places.

FWIW. YMMV.

Bill