Old December 30th 04, 04:46 PM
Lancer

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:17:01 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:55:16 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote in
m:

Current equalizing resistors is another way to do it. It's common
practice in SS audio amps to use emitter resistors to equalize the
currents between parallel transistors. But I would hesitate using them
with modern alternators because I don't know how it would screw with
the regulators -- some have a local sense line and others have a
remote sense line -- a resistor in the load might send the regulator
into seizures.

Frank it is very easy a single regulator will control the field voltage on
both alternators. This way they would run the same and share the "Load"

I thought about that, but wouldn't the rotors need to be locked in
phase?

Phase? The control voltage is DC, the outputs are DC, am I missing
something? I know that the output of an alternator isn't "pure' DC,
but it will never be 180 degrees out.