Old May 5th 04, 10:46 PM
Marc Battyani

Default Loop Antenna for Class-E amplifier

Hello,

I've made a Class-E amplifier which works rather well as I get 25VRMS into a
50 Ohm resistor.
But heating a resistor is not really want I do ;-)

I want to send this power into a loop antenna to transmit power by induction
to another aantenna 10 to 20 mm away.
The transmit loop antenna is in series with a capacitor and the receive
antenna is in parallel with a capacitor. Both antennas are tuned to the
correct frequency.

The problem is that though I have 125Vpkpk at the transistor drain, I only
have 15Vpkpk at my loop antenna and also 15Vpkpk in the receive antenna (not
loaded)
I guess I need to to some impedance matching but how do I compute the
impedance of those loops antennas (is it just the L//C ?) and how do I
compute the output impedance of the class-E amplifier ?

Any suggestion, URL etc ?

Thanks,

Marc Battyani