Old May 6th 04, 12:47 AM
Richard Clark

On Wed, 05 May 2004 08:49:22 -0700, Jack Twilley
wrote:

comments
seen on Mr. Cebik's site (usually associated with graphs of antenna
patterns made with different types of ground) led me to believe that a
quasi-infinite plane of salt water goodness would be a huge boost.

Hi Jack,

Let's not lose track of why this is true, rather than fixating on the
downside of alternative illusory explanations. We have DXers here
frequently gushing about their shore installations.

We also had reports from one fellow who maintained a regular schedule
with an Aussie who worked CW mobile in his car coming home from work.
Our man here could literally see the variation in signal strength as
he approached or moved away from the shore down under.

Now, this report is typically known as anecdotal. However, when you
can repeat the observations and correlate them to your hypothesis (as
they did), then such reports gain materially.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC