Old January 7th 05, 08:34 PM
Jimmie

"ozgun.harmanci" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everybody, I am troubled with transmission line vswr, I hope this is
the right place to ask this question. Is the sr formula same with
unmatched generator? I mean I know that

SWR = ( 1 + |Gamma_Load| ) / ( 1 - |Gamma_Load| )

Gamma_Load is reflection coefficient at load side.

But I think there is a problem with this formula when generator is
unmatched to the transmission line so that there is also a reflection
at generator side. Is that correct or am i making a mistake somewhere?
Thanx in advance.
Arif.

You may have something there for the first few microseconds of the
transmission but after a quiescent state is reached all that matters is the
impedance of the line and the load. It has been argued if not settled that
power sent back to the generator is not reflected again but either adds or
subtracts from the generator power.