Old January 9th 05, 10:06 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 21:00:36 GMT, Lancer wrote in
. com:

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 10:40:55 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 14:19:41 GMT, Lancer wrote in
s.com:

snip
Yes its easy.

Hmmmm.....

When you order your installation kit for DSL make sure
you get the package with the older style modem in it.

What do you mean by "older style"?

I have seen some of the new self install kits with a USB modem.

Throw their
installation software away. Buy a D-link DI-604, hook your modem to
it, put your login and password in the PPOe of the router. Point your
3.11 system at the router. Thats it..

I'll give it a shot.

You have networking running on your 3.11 system now?

Nope. I guess I'll have to if I want DSL, huh?