Old January 14th 05, 03:11 AM

On 13 Jan 2005 16:54:29 -0800, "Professor" wrote:

My recommendation is that you don't put the dipole in the attic. The
dipole is a great antenna but any antenna will take severe losses
trying to penetrate the solid walls of the attic. You will get the best
performance for everyday talking is with the dipole vertical... and in
free space.

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

What if I do this up a tree, instead of a 5/8 GP. Mind you, I will need about
100-150 of coax to run it to the tree.

Vinnie S.

150 feet from the house to the tree? Vinnie forget about burying
coax. Forget about a dipole. Forget the frigging tree already. Slap
a mobile magmount antenna on a garbage can outside your window
and call it a day. Or get an Antron and stick it on a pipe next to the
house. Or on the roof like normal cbers do. And dont let me catch
you keyclowning with this setup LOL