Old June 24th 03, 07:31 AM
WG

I have crossed at the peace arch many times before over the past few years
with no troubles but this time was different. The things I am wondering
about is why were the police so close to the Canadian side with a road block
and what did my radios have to do with anything. You had to go through the
search to line up for the Canadian customs check and that is very odd.

"Dave VanHorn" wrote in message

I work for a company based in Vancouver, and my wife's family is scattered
all over the vancouver area, and several places on Pt Roberts, so I'm
through the Blaine and Pt Roberts crossings fairly frequently. I've NEVER
had any problems with the border guys on either side, and my car has been
called a porcupine more than once.

Three dual banders, Doppler DF rig, and two GPS antennas. I've trimmed

down
recently.

On one trip, I ran over 7500 miles, and a ton of border crossings before
anyone even noticed that the car had no plates on it. (new car) I did
have the piece of paper taped to the window, about credit card size, on

the
passenger side, which nobody bothered to look at..